Coastal Skipper (“Curso de Patrão de Costa”)
- This Yachting license allows for the navigation of any yacht with unlimited length or motor power.
- Daytime and night-time navigation up to 25 miles far from coast.
- It also allows any enthusiast to hire a yacht and navigate into the Algarve or through the shores of the Mediterranean – Spain, France, Italy, Croatia, Greece, Sardinia and Corsica – or exotic destinations such as Brazil, the Caribbean, Thailand, etc.
- With this license you also renew your Radio Operator Certificate for Class A.
- In order to get an Coastal Skipper certificate, it is mandatory to be a Local Skipper for at least a year upon the date of exam.
Payment may be done until the last lesson of the course, by cheque, cash or bank transfer. During the course there is also the possibility to pay by instalments.
Bank Account | 004600171527160017032 | Banco Popular – Account Garruncho, Escola Nautica
(Includes VAT, personal accident insurance, manual, all educational material required for the course, examination administrative costs and a temporary Skipper license).
- Medical certificate stating “Fit for Nautical activities”.
- Colored Photo on photographic paper.
- Photocopy of ID card or passport.
- Declaration proving the student’s ability to swim.
- Qualifications certificate (only for Coastal Skipper and Ocean Yachmaster).
Note: If needed, a medical appointment can be scheduled by the school.
The lectures will take place on the Centro Náutico facilities and the practical classes on the Tagus River, experiencing the yachting reality and aboard a certified yacht for this purpose.
Centro Náutico – Nautical School
Esplanada D. Carlos I
To make your pre-application, please fill and submit the form below.
Your entry will be immediately held.
Coordinator and Instructor | Comdt. Martins da Cruz